Rental Home Renovations
Style and Comfort for Guests (and Owners)
Spruce up your property for long-term financial gain with these suggestions from Beverly Serral, the woman behind Beverly Serral Properties and BestNest by Beverly Serral.
Enhance your living area
1. Replace yellow paint with soft gray and crisp white trim.
2. Install indestructible vinyl plank flooring. Great for rentals, kids and pets.
3. Paint dark cabinets, add white quartz tops and reduce bar height to counter height.
4. Add simple tile backsplash and under-cabinet lighting.
Enhance your kitchen
1. Open walls whenever possible.
2. Enlarge islands and add seating.
3. Pop out cabinets and “build-in” refrigerator for a custom look.
4. Update appliances — include a double oven in the standard size range. It’s great for family cooking.
Enhance your bathroom
1. A white bathroom always look fresh and never goes out of style.
2. Go with a shower curtain rather than glass doors. It makes for easier bathing of children (and much less expensive than glass).
3. Replace lower, round toilets with a comfort height, elongated style.
4. Leave as much open counter space as possible.